About the Journal
Medico Legal Updateis a double-blind peer reviewed journal which brings latest knowledge regarding changing medico legal scenario to its readers. The journal caters to specialties of Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science, DNA fingerprinting, Toxicology, Environmental hazards, Sexual Medicine, Forensic Anatomy, Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Odontology, public laws, articles of immense medico-legal importance etc. The journal has been assigned international standard serial number (ISSN) 0971-720X. The journal is registered with Registrar of Newspaper for India vide registration numbers 63757/96 under Press and Registration of Books act, 1867. The journal is also covered by Scopus EMBASE from 1997 till date
Medico legal updateis a quarterly journal. The journal has also been assigned E-ISSN 0973- 1283 (Electronic version). The first issue of the journal was published in 1996.
Index/Abstracted with - SCOPUS Elsevier, MIAR(ICDS - 9.8), Indian Citation Index, Scientific Journal Impact Factor (SJIF - 6.567), Google Scholar, InfoBase Index (IB Factor - 2.7), CNKI Scholar, EBSCO Discovery, Summon(ProQuest), Primo and Primo Central, Indian Science, Cite Factor, DRJI, I2OR, ESJI, IIJIF and Scholar Steer.
Aim and scope of Journal
- The journal intend to publish articles related to research in specialties of Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science, DNA fingerprinting, Toxicology, Environmental hazards, Sexual Medicine, Forensic Anatomy, Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Odontology, public laws, articles of immense medico-legal importance etc
- Case reports, original articles and review articles are welcome.
- The research regarding new concepts is encouraged.
- We encourage research from developing countries.
- The journal is open access.
- Manuscript Submission fee - There is no fee for manuscript submission. Manuscript can be submitted any time. Submission is always open
- Manuscript Processing Charges- We charge for manuscript processing from authors. Authors must pay charges only if the article is accepted for publication. The charges are per article. If some author does not want to pay, he can withdraw his article.
The charges are as follows
1. India and SAARC countries- Indian Rupees 10000/
2. Rest of world - US $ 200
- Rebate / waiver policy -
Editor can give rebate/ wave off charges depending on author’s status like student, no funding from any source, research from developing countries or research of exceptional status. Please write to Editor giving justification for rebate. Editor‘s decision is final and binding.
- Digital archiving Policy- the issues of the journal are archived into PKP PN (Public Knowledge Project), LOCKSS and CLOCKSS
- Review Policy for articles- The journal follows double blind peer review for all articles.
- Plagiarism checking policy- The journal has zero tolerance policy for plagiarism. We regularly use software Dupli checker for detection of plagiarism.
- Re use and mixing of content policy- We follow Creative Commons Licence Policy. We follow CC BY. Please refer below for all details
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation.
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions