About the Journal
International Journal of Contemporary Surgery is a double blind peer reviewed international journal which has commenced its publication from January 2013. The journal is half yearly in frequency. The journal covers all aspects of surgical specialities like general surgery, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, Gynae and Obstetrics, Anaesthesia, CTVS surgery, Neurosurgery ,plastic surgery etc. The journal has been assigned ISSN 2320-9615 (Print Version) and ISSN 2320-1024 (Online Version). The journal is indexed in many international data bases like Google scholar , EBSCO , Pro Quest etc. The journal is now open access.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Aim and scope of Journal
- The journal intend to publish articles related to research in all aspects of surgical specialities like general surgery, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, Gynae and Obstetrics, Anaesthesia, CTVS surgery, Neurosurgery ,plastic surgery etc
- Case reports, original articles and review articles are welcome.
- The research regarding new concepts is encouraged.
- We encourage research from developing countries.
- The journal is open access.
- Manuscript Submission fee - There is no fee for manuscript submission. Manuscript can be submitted any time. Submission is always open
- Manuscript Processing Charges
We charge for manuscript processing from authors. Authors must pay charges only if the article is accepted for publication. The charges are per article. If some author does not want to pay, he can withdraw his article.
The charges are as follows
1. India and SAARC countries- Indian Rupees 5000/
2. Rest of world - US $ 200
- Rebate / waiver policy -
Editor can give rebate/ wave off charges depending on author’s status like student, no funding from any source, research from developing countries or research of exceptional status. Please write to Editor giving justification for rebate. Editor‘s decision is final and binding.
- Digital archiving Policy- the issues of the journal are archived into PKP PN (Public Knowledge Project), LOCKUSS and CLOCKSS.
- Review Policy for articles- The journal follows double blind peer review for all articles.
- Plagiarism checking policy- The journal has zero tolerance policy for plagiarism. We regularly use software Dupli checker for detection of plagiarism.
- Re use and mixing of content policy- We follow Creative Commons Licence Policy. We follow CC BY. Please refer below for all details
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation.
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions